PETE MEADOWS BASEBALL PROGRAM:
If you are here by chance to learn more about his baseball training services, he is delighted to speak with you first hand. Simply call or text him at (706) 691-3990 to start the conversation. He’ll be glad to update you on availability, programs and pricing – first hand! He’ll look forward to your call (or text).
HIS BASEBALL CAREER:
Coach Pete Meadows is best known regionally for a long standing professional baseball career that includes a host of accomplishments over the past 28 years.
The launching point for his career came as professional baseball’s second youngest Major League Scouting Supervisor with the Cincinnati Reds as their East Coast Scouting Supervisor in 1988.
Here he was able to rub shoulders with many of baseball’s greatest players and personalities.
Left, Coach Meadows and baseball legend, Pete Rose, share some time together at Pete Rose’s Fort. Lauderdale, Florida restaurant in between ABC television’s 20/20 special on Pete Rose and his efforts to come back into baseball.
Coach Meadows would also go on to two different stints as an Area Scout for the Milwaukee Brewers organization. It was also during this time the Pete Meadows Baseball Program was launched.
For nearly three decades, Coach Meadows has instructed young people in the game of baseball and life, using Christian based leadership principles as the guiding core to his player development culture. Hundreds of young men and women have come to know Jesus Christ as their Lord and Savior through his programs.
Of the thousands of athletes who have come through his program, over 300 have gone on to play college and professional baseball, with former players, many of whom are still active, having accumulating well into the tens of millions of dollars in earnings and well over one-million dollars in educational scholarships earned.
Today, despite all of Coach Meadows’ numerous other entrepreneurial pursuits, he has maintained a streak of 325 consecutive months in which he has conducted private or or personal training sessions with area athletes.
Here from his younger clients, first hand!
During a portion of the past three decades, Coach Meadows previously served as a local high school baseball coach for several area schools. Here he excelled once again, winning multiple state high school champions, and setting numerous state high school records en-route.
Below is a more complete overview of his career coaching record:
· Career High School Coaching record in ALL Games – Wins – 279 Lost – 75 .782 PCT.
· Career Record in ALL REGION Games – Wins – 108 Lost – 18 .857 PCT.
· Career Record in POST SEASON Games – Wins – 28 Lost – 10 .737 PCT.
· Teams averaged 4.25 collegiate or professional signees per year in 12-year career
Here are other applicable personal honors and awards achieved:
· Selected to as GISA Coaches Association Senior All-Star Coach four times
· All-Star Coach record for 1996, 1997, 1998, and 1999 was 6-1 overall
· Recognized by Georgia St. House of Representatives in 2000 with state wide Proclamation
· Featured on ESPN’s Scholastic Sports America in 1996 with State Champion Team
· Featured in 1987 & 2002 Nationally Recognized Collegiate Baseball Magazine
· Selected Georgia State Coach of the Year in 1996 & 1999
· Augusta Chronicle Baseball Coach of the Year SIX times at three different schools
· Region Coach of the Year SEVEN times
Applicable Personal Coaching Records:
Coach Pete Meadows holds three (3) GISA Coaching Records:
· #1- First 30-0 Coach in the 40+ year history of the GISA;
· #2- Only Coach to Win a Region Championship in first season at a new school, FOUR;
· #3- Only Coach to win 20-games or more 7-consecutive coaching seasons.
Applicable Personal Achievements & Career Highlights:
· Winningest private school baseball coach in Georgia in the 1990’s.
· Represented State on committees – Instrumental in changing Play-Off Format.
· The 1996-1997 Augusta Christian team’s 39-game winning streak.
· Last season as High School Coach, Northpoint Academy squad of 2003 was 35-3 and defeated two Baseball America’s Top 30 nationally ranked teams in the nationally recognized Westminster Classic in Florida.
· Over 50-players high school team rosters have gone on to play collegiate and professionally.
· Teams produced TWO NCAA All-Americas and a NCCA National Pitcher of the Year.
· Took a 2001 Westminster Prep squad, previously 24-124 in previous 9-season and with an existing 56-game region losing streak, to the schools first ever Region 4-AAA championship and Play-off wins finishing 19-6 in one season.
· He was the winning-est private high school baseball coach in the 1990’s in the state of Georgia, despite only coaching in seven of the ten years of the decade.